Monday, November 16, 2020

Trump & Fox News: A Redo of The Scorpion and the Frog

 





Donald Trump has now redirected his ire towards Fox News since losing the presidential election on November 3, 2020. This weekend in Washington D.C., thousands of his supporters marched over the erroneous principle that the election had been rigged. Of course, this is not true – it is only Trump’s rhetoric in an effort to save face from losing the election. Trump could care less whether this undermine the core principles of our democracy – and make no mistake, it does.

But something strange happened in Washington D.C. on November, 14, 2020. Off in the distance, although faint at first, one could hear voices. The voices gradually became louder and louder. It was coming from the marchers who had descended upon the city to protest the election results. The voices were saying “Fox News Sucks!” “Fox News Sucks!” How could this be? Time for a little redo of the fable "The Scorpion and the Frog."


                           The Donald and Fox News


One day, Donald Trump looked around Trump Tower in New York City and decided it was time for a change. So he set out on a journey throughout the country declaring his intent to become president of the United States. He went from East Coast to West Coast, state to state, and he was determined not to stop until he reached his planned destination - Washington D.C.

It would be a different world; Trump paused to reconsider the situation. At first he couldn't see an easy, clear way to become president. So he went back and forth in his mind, all the while thinking he might have to back out of his plans.

Suddenly, he saw Fox News on television; they were berating liberals, demonizing President Barack Obama, and coming up with outlandish stories known as “Fake News.” It sounded like just what he needed. He decided to ask Fox News for their help in getting him elected as president.

"Hellooo Fox News!" called Trump over the telephone."Would you be so kind as to give me free press coverage so I can be elected as president?"

"Well now, Mr. Trump! How do I know that if we try to help you, you won’t try to hurt our ratings?" asked Fox News.

"Because," Trump replied, "If I try to hurt you, then you can hurt me, but I will do whatever you want me to do! You can tell me how to run the country, or whatever you want because I'm unfit to be president. As long as I can enrich my businesses through the presidency, I will be content."

Now this seemed to make sense to Fox News. But they asked "What about if you get close to being nominated at the Republican National Convention? Once there, you may begin to feel like you do not really need us anymore."

"This is true," agreed Donald Trump, "But then I wouldn't be able to get to take advantage of your free press promoting my campaign and my hate rhetoric! Just ask Sean Hannity."

"Alright then...how do I know you won’t just wait till you get to the White House and turn your back on us?" said Fox News.

"Ahh...," crooned Trump, "Because you see, once you've taken me all the way to the White House, I will be so grateful for your help, that it would hardly be fair to reward you by speaking out against you, now would it?!"

So Fox News agreed to take Donald Trump all the way to the White House. Trump went to Fox News headquarters and met with Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, and Laura Ingraham. They discussed how they will help him with his political goals, as long as he will help them advance their cutthroat conservative agenda. They even offered to be Trump’s well oiled propaganda machine for free in return.

So Fox News made good on their promise and Trump won the election. Everything was quite peachy until Donald Trump ran again in 2020, and lost the election. In a fit of rage, he tweeted out and blamed Fox News for making him lose the election. "I was your golden goose," yelled Trump. "You forgot, I made you who you are. I was your golden goose. That’s why my supporters now are chanting "Fox News Sucks" in this march. There are over 5 million people here - that's a lot of people!"

"You fool!" retorted Fox News, "Now we both are finished! Why on earth did you lash out at us on Twitter?" Don’t you know we have competition now; Newsmax and One America News? We still needed each other."

Trump shrugged, and did a little jig on video and said.

"I could not help myself. It is my nature."

Then they both sank; Trump into the annuals of history as being the most corrupt, incompetent president ever, and Fox News in their ratings.  

                                       The End


The moral of the story is this: If you know Donald Trump, he will turn on you eventually.

Republican Senate Once Again Sends Message America is Not Worth Fighting For

  Capitol Police Officer, Brian Sicknick  was bludgeoned to death at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021 during a riot incited by former pre...